Saturday, December 31, 2011

If Money Wasn't an Issue...

A friend recently asked me, "If money wasn't an issue, what would you want to do?" Honestly, I didn't really know how to answer that question. There is SO many things that I want to do. My answer was non spiritual....I want to open up a boutique. A boutique with a twist. A boutique not only for the store, but with a cafe and bakery, party planning, and a photography studio. It's a dream that one day I hope will come true. One day. But....if money wasn't an issue, that is not the only thing that I would wish to do. I haven't been able to get away from that question. It challenged me. It made me think.

What DO I want to do?

  • I would love to go to an African orphanage! To just love on those kids and show them Jesus.
  • To make a difference. That requires getting out of my comfort zone. It doesn't have to be big. But by simply being a friend to someone in need. Or letting them know that you understand what they are going through and showing them that you care. Making a difference doesn't require anything big. Just make a difference in their life. Show them Jesus.
  • To help more children, showing them you care. Showing them God's love.
  • Helping those in need. Whether it be school supplies, giving food, coats, hats, scarves, blankets, clothes, personal needs. There are so many people out there, that seriously need our help.
I will never forget when our C-Squared group adopted a family for Christmas a couple years ago. The joy that I felt going shopping for someone else that didn't have a lot. I want to get to the point where "Money isn't an issue" and I can help more for those in need...those that really need our help.

What is something that you would love to do?

No comments: