Monday, May 10, 2010

Dedication to my Dad!

A week ago Sunday, something happened that I will never forget. It was one of those Daddy/Daughter moments...I will always remember it.

One Fathers Day, when I was 16 years old, I didn't have any money but wanted to do something special for my Dad. So I typed up the lyrics to the song, "Butterfly Kisses", framed it and gave it to my Dad...for I was Daddy's little girl. How could you go wrong when it was from the heart? :) I never knew how much it really meant to my Dad until last Sunday.

After church, I was hanging out in my room, exhausted from the day. Mom and Dad were going through old pictures so my Dad could scan them. Next thing I know, Dad had come into my room and he bent over and gave me a kiss on the cheek with tears in his eyes. He showed me what he had in his hand, and it was the frame that I had given him when I was 16. I reached up and gave him a kiss on the cheek and he told me that when he read it, it made him cry. Dad doesn't usually show emotion when it comes to stuff like that, so it really touched my heart. I will never forget that moment in my life.

Dad, I love you!! What you did that day will forever be engraved in my heart. You mean more to me than you will ever know! I know I'm all grown up now...but don't forget...I'll always be "your 'little' girl". I love you!!!

No comments: