Today has been a fabulous day filled with lots of good southern food, family, laughter, talked with some friends, hugs from Granddaddy, a long game of Phase 10 with my cousins, and lots and lots of football!! Go Saints!! It couldn't get much better than this!
We should be thankful every day, for even the little things, but this time of year is a gentle reminder of just how thankful we really should be and to realize how blessed we really are.
I have missed being with my four sisters today (Robyn, Darla, Ginny, and Jen). Robyn is in Indiana, Darla is in the country of Vanuatu, Ginny is in Africa, and Jen is in Tennessee. I miss you all dearly and wish I could have spent this Thanksgiving holiday with you. I am so thankful for you and blessed to have you as my sister.
I have so much to be thankful for! Even the little things that we sometimes take for granted. Here are just a few things that I'm thankful for:
- My Parents. I love them! I'm so thankful they raised me in the truth and gave me such a rich Pentecostal heritage. They just celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary! I'm really not sure what I would have done without my Mom especially through these last couple of weeks. She's been a very good nurse as I have been recovering from a minor surgical precedure. Thanks for all you've done, Mom!
- My Family. I have a LOT of family near and far that I am so thankful for. I don't always get to see my cousins and aunts/uncles with most of them being so far away but I love it when we get to spend time with them!
- My Friends. I have a TON of amazing friends. I am so blessed to have many friends all over the country. I could seriously write a book with all of my memories and experiences with yall. ha! Definitely have had some great times!
- My Church. I LOVE being apart of TLC. We have such a wonderful Pastor. And so thankful for the people of TLC that He has placed in my life. Life would not be the same without TLC.
- The day-to-day things. The things we most likely take for granted such as a job, a car to drive, a roof over our heads, ac/heat, a bed to sleep on, $$ for food and gas...all the "little" things that we never think about. Some people don't have some of the luxeries that we have, but I am grateful for everything God has blessed me with.
There are so many things and the list could go on and on...but I am so thankful this holiday season for not only everything God has blessed me with, but every one that God has placed in my life. I trust that you had a wonderful day with family and friends and made every moment count. I'm blessed to know you! I love you all!!