Friday, January 29, 2010

Louisiana

I'm sitting here in the den of my Granddaddy's house and my heart is overwhelmed. We buried my Uncle Harold yesterday and he will be missed greatly. It all happened so fast that it seems so unreal. The day that he found out he had cancer it was exactly one month later that he went to be with Jesus. Yes, there may be a lot of questions as to why, but our GOD knows best. My sweet Aunt Virginia has a lot she will be facing along with surgery within the next couple of weeks. Please keep the Davis family in your prayers during the coming weeks.

My uncles funeral was at the same funeral home that my Mammaw's funeral was at 2 years ago. It was this time of year that she passed away and I still have a hard time and this week brought back a lot of memories. But there is one thing that I can say...I am so thankful that God gives us the strength to go through things that come our way in this life. Like my friend told me last night, "HIS Strength is PERFECT when our strength is gone". That is so true. And I am so thankful that God can carry us through each and every day.

I've only taken a couple pictures this weekend...can you believe it? But I did get some from my cousin that I wanted to share.

These are some of the flowers at the cemetary

Uncle Harold loved his grandkids so much! At the gravesite, all 5 of his grandkids laid flowers on his casket.


My beautiful cousins...Whitney, Rachel, and Micaela

Rachel and her brother Derrick


All the flowers were so beautiful!

My awesome cousins...these are Uncle Harolds 5 grandkids that he loved so much! Micaela, Rachel, Whitney, Jared, and Derrick...wish we all didn't live so far away so we could see each other more often.

After the funeral, we went back to the church to have a wonderful brisket dinner that was catered in for us. This is Whitney and Rachel.

Love this picture! This is Granddaddy and Jared.

Just sitting around talking

Tonight, I did get a couple of pictures of me with Granddaddy. I so heart him!


I love giving him lovins!!


I so enjoyed getting to see all of my family...even under the circumstances. I'll be heading back home tomorrow morning. Praying for a safe trip!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad your back home and also glad that you enjoyed being with your family. Your family is just beautiful. So many times I think of my grandpa's and my brother's funeral and how it was just like a family reunion to some extent. It's nice to know that so many people care and love you, isn't it? I love the pics of you and your grandaddy! I just want to hug him!!!! Love you girl! Thank you for being a friend. (0:

Krista said...

I so had a blast being with my family even under the circumstances. As soon as I can get some more pics from my cousin...I'll have some pics to post of our crazy Mad Gab game. :) You are so sweet...Thank You...it was kind of like a family reunion. We haven't been able to be with some of our family that we saw, for quite some time...so it was good to just hang out with everyone. You would so love my Granddaddy! Maybe some day you can meet him. :) Love you too girl!