Monday, January 25, 2010

"Active for Life"


The past few months I have been working on becoming more healthy. And slowly being successful at it. My job is sponsoring “Active for Life” that is put on by the American Cancer Society. It’s a 10-week program that helps individuals become more active and loose weight with the encouragement from their co-workers/work place. I have decided to accept this challenge above and beyond what I am already doing. The challenge starts Monday, January 25th. There are 810 companies and 111,000 employees that have decided to participate in this challenge. If you want more information, you can view the American Cancer Society website at: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/subsite/greatamericans/content/Active_For_Life.asp. If you are interested in accepting this challenge and your work place isn’t sponsoring this, let me know and I will form a group outside of work (even if you are out of town). It’s a good support system. Then any info that I receive, I can pass on to you. So far, there are 14 people on our team at work. God has helped me with what I’ve done so far, and I’m excited to see the extra results this may bring!

No comments: