Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reflecting on 2008

So, I'm just sitting here reflecting on 2008. I can't believe another year has come and gone. I hope and pray that 2009 will be a much better year than this past year. This year has brought many happy times and many times of sorrow and tears. The year started off in sorrow as my dad was recovering from getting a pacemaker (I'm glad he made it through!). Around the same time I lost my grandma here in Kansas City and 2 weeks later I lost my grandma in Louisiana. I never in my wildest dreams would have imagined that I would have to bury both of my sweet grandmas within 2 weeks of each other. Towards the end of this year I lost a cousin (who was more of an uncle to me) and my mom's best friend (who was more of an aunt to me). You know, things happen in life sometimes that we don't quite understand but I know that God always has a reason behind things. And we have to remind ourselves of that.
This year has also brought many laughs, much needed vacations, lots of memories, hanging out with friends...and family, and laughing until we couldn't laugh anymore. I was able to see several of my very best friends whom I hadn't seen in a while...and I treasure those every moments. A few of the greatest trips I got to take this year brings lots of good memories, such as Memphis to the singles conference (Memphis will never be the same lol)...Janelle, Raemi, Sarah, and Shannon...can I get a witness? lol, going to Maryville Tennessee to visit one of my best friends Jennifer, her husband Brady and their sweet baby Bradyn...and also getting to hang out with Shannon....great times! He still hasn't talked me into getting in the lake water next time! LOL I got to visit Los Angeles and stay with Debbie and Steve Saiz....fun times (LA will never be the same either!)!!! Seeing one of my best friends, Lori, while I was in Louisiana for Thanksgiving...There have been so many fun times...its hard to name them all!

Overall, among the sadness of losing my sweet loved ones, it's been a pretty good year. I can't complain. I still have a job, I have a roof over my head, I have an amazing church and Pastor, amazing friends who I know will always be there for me, sweet family, and the list could go on and on.

I do, however, look forward to starting a new year. I trust this year will be different...better...possibly change...who knows what will happen. My prayer is that God will continue to bless us all and give us all the desires of our hearts.

I love you all and thank you for everything that you've done for me. You're the greatest!

Love, Kris

No comments: