Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Proposal!!!!

Saturday, August 11, 2012 will be a day that I will never forget!!

One of my best friends, Dorenda, was in town for the weekend and we met up with my cousin, Paulette, for some girl time! We wanted to show her downtown Kansas City before she left the next day. So after Dwight got off of work we were going to meet him and Jeff (Paulette's husband) at Union Station for coffee. As soon as us girls got to Union Station the coffee shop closed! I love this coffee shop and was kind of bummed that they just closed! So after a few minutes, we decided to go to Liberty Memorial to show Dorenda the view. It's one of my MOST favorite spots in Kansas City!!

So we get up to the lookout at Liberty Memorial, we are all doing our own thing...walking around, talking, taking pictures. Dwight and I were standing there talking and he says, "I have a question to ask you..." Still looking at the skyline not realizing what is going on, I said, "What?" I look over and he was down on one knee...and said, "Will you Marry Me?!" I said, "YESS!"



I couldn't even say anything afterwards. I was shaking and got all teary eyed when I looked at my cousin, Paulette, and realized, Oh my word! I just got engaged!!!!! lol


I absolutely love my bling bling!! :) So glad my cousin captured this picture....I LOVE It!! :)


He wasn't even planning on proposing to me this night, but he had the ring with him just in case that special moment came, and it did! He wanted to catch me off guard, and he did just that! :)

It was such a perfect moment! On a perfect Kansas City evening, right at Sunset, overlooking the City at one of my favorite spots!!! The place where he first held my hand!! :)

So Romantical! :)

3 comments:

Sani said...

So awesome, romantic indeed! Congratulations, we are so happy for you!!!

Jennifer said...

I love your engagement story. =) It's special that he chose your favorite spot. LOVED reading your story & seeing the pics. I'm so excited for your future! =) Dwight is a keeper. Love you guys!

Jennifer said...

Loved that you shared this story. It's one that you'll always remember and cherish forever. Here's wishing you MANY years of happiness. I'm SO glad you found THE one!!! Love you guys!