Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Sweetest Mammaw....EVER!


July 26, 1924 - February 3, 2008.

Today marks the day that my sweet Mammaw passed away three years ago. I miss her SOOO much!! Feeling very sentimental today. I just found the dvd that we played at her funeral with all the family pictures in it...I will always treasure it forever.

I love this picture of my Mammaw and Granddaddy with 5 out of the 7 kids!


She loved her Grandbabies!!



Mammaw was THE sweetest and most precious Godly lady!! She LOVED her hot tea especially in the mornings while she read her Bible! She loved red birds and she was the best cook and always took our "orders" for breakfast...homemade biscuits and chocolate gravy. She always looked out for others and would hardly eat anything until she knew everyone else had enough.

I.Miss.Her.



There are lots of times when I can still hear her clearing her throat, sipping her hot tea, with her Bible in her lap, fresh handmade biscuits and chocolate gravy on the table and simply ask, "Krista, there is some orange juice made up, if you want some." And I would so thankfully respond, "Thank You Mammaw".

Did I mention? I.Miss.Her.



I will never forget when everytime we would go to Louisiana...everytime we would have to leave to go home, Mammaw and Granddaddy would always stand at the door and wave bye to us until they couldn't see us anymore.

I.Miss.Her.



I won't share any funeral pictures on here...but I just have to share this one from the visitation. My heart was b.r.o.k.e.n. (I had just lost my other sweet grandmother 2 weeks before this) and I had just sat down by my Granddaddy and while I was bawling my eyes out...He reached over and grabbed my hand. He's so sweet! So thankful he is still with us!!


I miss her. But I'm so glad she is not in pain anymore. She's in Heaven. Dancing on the streets of gold. Right along with my other sweet grandparents and my brother Bryan. One day...we will see her (them) again!


(We all wore BRIGHT colors, because she loved bright colors!)

And with that being said....I want to share some of the memories that (most) the grandkids put on the back of the dvd cover that we played at her funeral.

...I loved it when Mammaw fixed me homemade okra and tomatoes. Don't forget the jalepenos! -Robyn

...Everytime I stopped by the house, she always put a plate in front of me. Of course, ALL the hot jalepenos landed on Mammaw's plate! -Steve

...One time, my sisters and I gathered around Mammaw and started kissing both sides of her cheeks. She was laughing so hard and shaking her head cause it tickled! - Me

...Even when Mammaw got to where she couldn't hardly go to church, she would always make it a point to come and hear me speak. She always requested that I sing her a special song in Spanish. -Darla

...Going to see the Logansport candy canes by the winter, with Mammaw was always a great time! - Ashli

...One time we hunted Easter eggs with Mammaw and we had to hunt them inside because of the rain. Nine months later we found a rotten egg in the closet! -Alysia

...Eatin' chocolate gravy n biscuits with Mammaw in the mornings, and following her footsteps in the garden were some of my favorite memories! - Pam

...She would always tell us "Wait! I can't do it right now, I've gotta finish my Bible readin'" Thank You for the legacy you have left us! -Shannon

...When Michael and I were young, we fussed over who was going to sit on Mammaw's lap. She would always say, "Thats ok boys, theres room enough for both of you!" -Tim

...One morning, I went out to see the chickens, but alas I couldn't find any of them! I came running back to the house, asking Mammaw where they were...and she said, "We ate them all!" -Eric

...When I was little and spent the night at Mammaw and Granddaddy's, in the morning she would always make me hot tea and chocolate gravy and biscuits. Then we would listen to Paul Harvey...she was so cute. Giggling as she listened! -Sherri

I'm so thankful for the memories that we have and the legacy that was left from her.

I love you Mammaw!!!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I loved your post sis! I miss Mammaw so much!

Krista said...

I miss her too!!! She was the best!!