Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Catching Up...

Okay, so I really haven't been keeping up very well on blogging...and I do apologize for those who keep up with me...and yes, I am assuming that I have some blog-followers. LOL The last couple of weeks have been CRAZY busy!! So, I'll do my best to give you the highlights on what has been going on. :)



  • On September 18th, Kansas City had a HUGE hail storm. The hail was the size of golf balls and baseballs in some areas. Needless to say, when you work in the Insurance Claims industry, it makes for an immediate crazy time of year. This is a picture that a FB friend posted of the hail we got....




  • With that being said, I volunteered to work our Catastrophe Drive In Claims Site. Overall, I put in almost 70 hours of work, last week alone. It was a lot of stress, a lot of interesting customers to deal with, and long 11-13 hour work days. But, I made it through...and the paycheck will be nice! :)



  • A couple of mornings, while working all the overtime, I had to get up at 4:30am! Really? But, there was one thing that made it all worth it...and that was being reminded of how God really is amazing. Getting to see this B-E-A-UTIFUL sunrise come up...was beyond amazing!!

God sure is an awesome artist, isn't He? He amazes me!!


  • One of the adjusters that I worked with was interviewed by Fox 4 and was on TV promoting American Family!! Yeah! Go John!!




  • The latter half of the week, I didn't have to get up as early, but I was still able to see a few sunrises like this one...





  • I LOVE seeing sunrises (even though I grype about getting up so early) and sunsets. It just reminds you of how amazing God really is. God must've been trying to remind me extra last week with working all those hours. Not only did I see an amazing sunrise, but I saw an amazing sunset as well!! Just in the midst of running around the office and trying to calm customers, I happened to look outside and saw this beautiful site!



  • I absolutely LOVE this time of year!!! And there is nothing like a cool, crisp, fall morning with the windows down and stopping at Starbucks to get some goodies!! This is the perfect way to start a perfect morning! You can't go wrong with a Chai Tea Latte and a Bacon Gouda Sandwich...



  • This past Sunday, The Chiefs beat the 49'ers!!! We're at 3-0 right now!! YES! Be jealous!!! I honestly think my dear friend, Jennifer and her love for football has been rubbing off on me! LOL I always enjoyed hearing when we won but never really have kept up with it...and for some reason, I've been sort of keeping up with things lately. Interesting. Guess I'm just gearing up for big ORANGE country, this weekend!! Thats okay...BRING IT!!! I'm ready!!




  • Side Note...General Conference is going on right now, and I am kinda bummed that I didn't get to go this year. BUT....this weekend will be AH-mazing!!




  • Had to capture another beautiful sunset on the way home the other night...

  • And last but not least...I'm leavin' on a jet plane!!!! Early Friday morning, and I'll be one happy camper! :) I'm so excited about getting to see my sister/bestie, Jennifer! There is no telling what we might get ourselves into! LOL And I so can't wait to hug my little Bubby and hear him say, "I love you, Auntie K" in person!! He melts my heart!

So, with all of that being said...I may or may not post while I'm in Tennessee this weekend. If not, have a great rest of the week and weekend!

Until then...

No comments: