Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Job Situation

Our company has been undergoing a lot of changes over the past couple of years. We have been fearing about our job for quite a while now, but thought we were safe. Well, we had a big meeting with our branch manager yesterday and they are getting rid of most of my department. They are also closing 6 more claims offices. So, the end result is, there are 11 people in my department (including my manager whose job is also going away) and there are only 7 of us that can keep our jobs. What this means is that we all have to reapply for our jobs and our branch manager will be the one to have an informal interview with us and select which ones he feels will be the best.

The meeting was very intense, people crying, everyone afraid, and not sure what is going to happen next.

I am fully trusting in God that He will give me favor with Ron (branch manager) and HR. God knows exactly what He is doing and I feel that this is only a test. I am trying my best to keep a positive attitude about everything and give it completely and solely to God.

A couple of weeks ago, Pastor Gleason had us pray over our finances and pray that we would have God's favor in our finances. I truely believe that God is going to take care of me. If I get the job, thats awesome. If I don't, that just means that there is something better out there for me. The world's economy has nothing to do with God's plan! He has a plan and I am trusting in Him that He will take care of me and provide for my needs.

I also want to thank everyone who has been praying for me in this situation. It has been a rough couple of days and I want to thank you for ALL of your encouraging words, thoughts, prayers, emails, texts, and e-cards. I sat at my desk yesterday and just cried because I was so overwhelmed by all the love and support I was receiving from all of my amazing friends and family. Yall are all wonderful and I don't know what I would do without you. I love you all!

No comments: