Thursday, October 20, 2011

B-i-g Brother


This is a painting of my big brother. You see, I've never met him. This picture is as close as I've ever been to Robert Bryan. You see, he was born October 17, 1968. He was born 2 months premature and his lungs weren't fully developed. At that time, the Doctor's didn't have anything to help him like they do today. You see, he passed away when he was only 3 days old.

Bryan turned 43 years old a couple weeks ago. I've always wondered what life would have been like, if there was a brother around. I'm sure there would be those moments where he 'tortured' me, where he took care of his 'little sister', and where we have those heart-to-heart talks.

I know Bryan is up in Heaven dancing around on the streets of pure gold, right along with others whom I love so much. I know he is looking down and smiling. I miss him, yet I've never met him. But I can't wait to meet him in Heaven one day and give him a big ole hug!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awwww.....I bet he and my brother are playing cards or something. =)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Very nice post.