Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mammaw's Funeral

My Mammaw passed away on Sunday, February 3rd, and the funeral was Thursday, February 7th. She was such a wonderful lady and I miss her so much. She was famous for her good ole Southern Homemade Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits. YUM! I don't like chocolate but I loved Mammaws Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits. She loved her redbirds that came to sit on her kitchen windowsill everyday. She LOVED bright colors!!! Her favorite color was red and she loved my Dads bright orange shirt.....so in memory of our precious Mammaw we all wore bright colors to the funeral. I felt so honored to be able to sing a duet with my sister at the funeral. It was hard but Mammaw wanted her granddaughters to sing. It tore me up to no end to see my Dad and my Granddaddy cry. It was a very tough week. But on the bright side, we got to see some cousins of ours that we haven't seen for about 13 years. Even under the circumstances, we enjoyed being with our family. At the funeral, she had so many flowers and plants than any funeral I've ever been to. They were doubled on both sides of the casket and on both sides of the wall. Thank You Mammaw for being such a wonderful and Godly lady. I will never forget your love for God, as you read your Bible faithfully every day. There are so many memories that I will never forget. She was selfless and always put others first before herself. She left the legacy of love....I love you Mammaw and miss you soooo much.



2 comments:

Steven Saiz said...

Sis. Krista,

We are so sorry to hear the news of her passing. We are praying for you and your family! May God's comfort envelop all of you!

Krista said...

Thank You Bro Steve... We appreciate yalls prayers!