Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July!!

Happy 4th of July!!! Yes, I know, I know, this is late. I have been so busy and have not had time to keep my blog updated. lol There is no place like The United States of America. The land of the free and the home of the brave! I am so thankful to call this home. We take so much for granted...our homes, electricity, a/c, cars, freedom, we can do whatever we want-whenever we want. Stuff that we don't even think about, we take it all for granted so much. A lot of countries don't even have a third of the "stuff" that we have and yet we want more. But I am so thankful that God has allowed me to be apart of this great nation. We must remember where this nation was founded...so if I can say...."GOD BLESS AMERICA"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that being said, I had a wonderful 4th! I got to spend a lot of time with my family!! We were going to go to the Royals game on Friday the 3rd, but since that didn't work out, Mom and Dad and I decided to go watch the fireworks! It was amazing as usual and Dad and I decided to take some shots of it! It was pretty funny since we both had tripods and we were on our knees trying to get some good shots! haha Dad got some awesome ones! Here are just a few that I took...



Saturday we had a cook out at the house and my cousin and her family and aunt and uncle and Jonathon came over. We had an awesome time! I love being with everyone!
This is me and my cousin Paulette...one of my favorite people ever!! :)

This is Jonathon and I...one of my best friends...

We grilled hamburgers and had potatoe salad, tea, my famous lemonade, and dessert. It was SOOO yummy...but quite the spread!!

This is the flag cake that I made....mmmmmm yummy!!!!!

Saturday night, we all went out to watch fireworks again! I was actually plesantly surprised that they had such a good show...I'd never been to this location before, but it was awesome! I took almost 100 pictures of the fireworks. LOL So I will only share a few of the best ones! Once again, Dad and I took tripods out there and tried to get some shots. Dad got some AMAZING ones!!!




No comments: