Thursday, September 25, 2008

Life

I have been thinking a lot lately about life. What is it in life that drives you? What are the passions in your life? Why do you get up every morning, and go to bed every night to see a new day? Is it family? Friends? God? Relationships? Success? Work? What is it that pulls you every day? I was having a conversation with my cousin last night who is in her senior year of high school. And it just made me think. I challenged her to do what she wants to do in life. Make it happen. You know, a lot of people think that they can’t do a lot of things in life. But, really, if you set your mind to do it, what’s holding you back? Especially if you are young. You have your whole life ahead of you. Make your dreams come true. I know decisions are scary, and honestly, who really likes to make decisions, especially hard ones. Find out what your passions are, and live it. Make memories! When you’re older and you look back on you’re life and see what all you did, you will always remember that time when you made your dreams come true! Make it happen!

I received an email from a friend that she had forwarded to me. And it makes so much sense. It reads:
“As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn’t supposed to let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and its harder every time. You’ll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You’ll fight with your best friend. You’ll blame a new love for things an old one did. You’ll cry because time is passing too fast, and you’ll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you’ve never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you’ll never get back. Don’t be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.”

Think about that. We have to make the best of every moment, no matter what comes our way. Yes, there are some tough things that come our way, but life still goes on. Make the best of the situation and be thankful that it wasn’t any worse. Sometimes Life can put us and pull us in directions that we don’t want to go in, but if we make the best of the situation and take God with us, He will help us through it.

I don’t know why I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately. Maybe its on my heart for a reason? Who knows. I know I’m speaking for myself, but maybe this will help encourage someone to get out there and fulfill a dream that they’ve always wanted to fulfill. :)

No comments: