Tuesday, December 25, 2007

What It Meant...

Last Thursday at work, I had to make 2 Police Department runs to get some Police Reports for my job. Anytime during the Christmas Season I always try to make a point to tell people, not Happy Holidays, but 'Merry Christmas!'. Afterall, Christmas is what it is...So, after I received the police reports, I told the lady 'Thank You!' and 'Merry Christmas!' She stopped, looked at me and smiled, and said "Thank You...I think that is the first time I've heard that this year." I stopped and couldn't believe that was the first time this whole month that she has heard that. I looked at her and truly meant what I said, "I hope you have a VERY Merry Christmas!!" She smiled again and said, "Thank You...Thank You So Much!!!" And she just continued to smile and just stand there until I left.
That meant so much to me...just to think that I possibly could have made her entire day. She truly was thankful to have heard someone say "Merry Christmas!". And even more so...gave a whole new meaning to this Christmas Season.

No comments: